Monday, May 5, 2014

Clarification

After having some discussions with people on this blog, and in some of my groups, I thought I should expand on a particular issue as it pertains to selling.  What I advocate in my blog is what has worked for me and others I have taught to sell.  It does not mean this is the only way to sell.

Having been a seller since 2002, these are the methods I have found that work for me.  I cannot guarantee they will work for you, but I can tell you that you will stand a better chance of succeeding if you use my methods as a guide.  How you sell, and what you do is largely determined by what you sell, and your margins.  It also depends on what your goals are.  Some people want to replace their full time income while others just want some extra cash.  You have to determine what your goals are and what makes sense for you to sell.

Obviously if you have access to inventory that is in high demand you will not need to carry a large inventory.  If you do not, then a large inventory can help keep your sales consistent.  By the same token, if you are looking to make a substantial income, you are probably going to want a larger inventory.  Everyone's goals are different, and I cannot speak to each and every type.  I can speak to what has worked for me.

What I set out to accomplish with my blog was to put out real, relevant information so people could see the reality of selling on ebay.  Not a bunch of hype and spin to get you to buy something.  This does not mean that I will never offer anything, it just means that I am not going to put out teasers for "secret" information to entice you into spending money on something that there is no secret for.

I have people who have asked me to be a consultant for them, and I have not yet decided if that is a route I wish to pursue.  That decision will be based on not only demand, but also if I have the time to accommodate.  My primary goal is to sell on ebay for as long as I can, and hopefully continue to provide insight into how I do things and provide guidance as best I can.

I am still on the road, but felt I needed to put this out there so people don't think I am preaching that this is the only way to sell on ebay.  Have a great week, and list away!

No comments:

Post a Comment